and message for RSAS Attendance Teams
Welcome to the Remote School Attendance Strategy Training Project website. NESA are pleased to be engaged by the Australian Government to continue the delivery of training and online learning resources to school attendance teams as part of the Remote School Attendance Strategy throughout 2017 and 2018.
Like the Australian Government, we recognise the importance of local people identifying strategies – to improve school attendance. We are committed to supporting you in your RSAS role and offer a range of training.
We appreciate the positive impact you have in local community and the opportunities you create every day by supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to engage in school. We also understand that your role will be both rewarding and challenging, and we are confident that the training we are offering will assist you in your role.
NESA’s RSAS Training Strategy Project will involve a blended training approach that includes the following:
- Access to Clustered Leadership Workshops for senior RSAS staff
- A minimum of one face-to-face RSAS Tailored Local Workshop in your local community
- Access to new RSAS Train the Train Workshops which will be delivered from July 2017
- Online RSAS training that will offer short courses that you are able to select
- Access to monthly Good Practice Webinars
- Access to a new monthly newsletters (RSAS NEWS) sharing good practice and new stories
- The option to complete accredited units that will count towards a formal qualification
- “Access to over 50 templates and other resources designed to assist RSAS providers and RSAS team members to improve attendance and engagement in education.”
Our team is here to support you and we are available if you have any questions about this programme or the training you are completing. Our office number is (02) 9119 3090 and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish you all the best in this important role and we look forward to working with you throughout this project.
NESA Deputy CEO